Thank you for your interest in joining the SELF team. Below are the employment opportunities currently available.
> DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT:
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Development is responsible for creating, and implementing a fundraising strategy for SELF.
SELF’s mission is to design and implement solar energy solutions to assist the 1.5 billion people living in energy poverty with their economic, educational, health care and agricultural development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work in close collaboration with the Executive Director, as a thought partner, advisor, and lead aide on philanthropy-related issues; prepare an annual fundraising plan, develop pitch strategies, background prep, and ensure follow-up.
- Research and apply to new grant opportunities for funding, create LOIs and respond to RFPs, write and edit proposals, reports and other correspondence for foundations, corporations, government agencies, and individual funders. Write winning solicitation letters to individuals.
- Articulate and drive a sustained major gifts strategy that will build on and expand SELF’s existing base of donors and engage new prospects; lead the major gifts strategic development and solicitation for general support of SELF.
- Maintain and expand upon SELF’s Array of Life Program which encourages corporate support through donations of cash and equipment.
- Maintain effective relationships with and engagement of the Board of Directors, leveraging their expertise, relationships and efforts in support of SELF’s fundraising goals.
- Serve as an executive-level point of contact for external funders and donors; ensure high-level donor stewardship to compliance with donor agreements, troubleshoot issues directly as appropriate, and provide counsel to colleagues regarding effective funder partnership strategies.
- Perform any other relevant duties deemed necessary by the Executive Director.
Education and/or Experience
- At least 7 years senior-level experience in fundraising/resource development/organizational advancement, with specific demonstrable success in major gifts cultivation and stewardship.
- Prior experience staffing and supporting philanthropic efforts.
- Exceptional communications skills and marketing sensibilities, with demonstrable success using both verbal interactions and the written word to inspire excitement and move others to action.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills, with ability to network effectively, develop rapport, listen responsively, generate interest, and demonstrate common interests.
- Must be able to manage multiple demands and work collaboratively across the organization.
- Effective project management skills are essential, including effective staff, budget and deliverable management.
Interested applicants should forward a resume, a detailed cover letter describing why you are interested in the position and would you would bring to the organization, and salary range requirements, to: DevSearch [at] SELF.org. Please send resume and cover letter as separate attachments.
The application period for our summer internship program has ended. Please check back in August for details on how to apply to our fall internship program.